Papertech has been involved in break recording technology for several years and installed the first fully digital systems
Papertech has been involved in break recording technology for several years and installed the first fully digital systems. Since then, we have done extensive R&D into digital image handling and its associated software which has been incorporated into our WebVision technology. With the advanced breakthroughs of this system, it is now possible for you to continuously, in real-time, monitor all of the critical locations where breaks can occur.
Over the last three years, Papertech has become the most experienced and widely used supplier of event capturing technology in North America. Our advanced, fully digital technology offers papermakers the fastest and most complete way of solving the reasons causing breaks. WebVision monitors breaks as they happen, giving papermakers a means to store, review, and analyze breaks, resulting in break reductions of up to 80%. With the ability to continuously monitor all critical locations in real time, users are now better able to prevent breaks before they happen.
WebVision offers the following capabilities and features:
- Components designed specifically for harsh paper machine operating conditions.
- High-image resolution, exceeding 300,000 pixels per image.
- Cameras record a minimum of 2 minutes (at 60 images/sec NTSC, 50 images/sec PAL) or 4 minutes (at 30 frames/sec) of history.
- Industrial water and heat resistant compact camera enclosures, along with effective lens cleaning methods to allow monitoring of all required locations.
- Intuitive Windows NT operator interface that includes a customized paper machine schematic for quick access of each camera location.
- Large capacity break library for storing breaks over several weeks.
- Camera-to-camera synchronization & grey scale image analysis for holes, edge faults, etc, complete with region-of-interest feature.
- Multi-level, high resolution zoom.
- Easily upgradable to include additional cameras.
- A variety of unique techniques to assist in finding the reason for the break.
- Ability to download & upload data from a millwide system.
- Available in both NTSC and PAL standards.
- Fully UL/CSA/CE compliant.
Papertech, Incorporated, 301-2609 Westview Drive, Vancouver, BC V7N 4M2. Tel: 604-990-1600; Fax: 604-990-1606.