ROCHESTER, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX - News) is making it simpler for customers to print more responsibly. The company has unveiled a comprehensive program of papers, resources and Web tools to help customers identify the right paper, the right supplies and the right way to print with the environment in mind.
"The paperless office is far from a reality as businesses still depend on the printed page for communications and information sharing," said Frank Edmonds, senior vice president, Xerox Supplies Business Group. "Our job at Xerox is not only to provide the best technology and services for managing documents but also to help our customers print what they need in the most environmentally responsible way. It's a logical role for Xerox to play. Our robust portfolio of ‘greener papers' builds on our long history of commitment to environmental innovation and helps our customers put their sustainability plans into action."
To provide its customers with "greener" printing choices, Xerox is introducing additional papers in North America that are independently certified to sustainable forest management standards and new recycled papers designed for digital printing. These include:
- The new Xerox Color Xpressions Planet 20 Paper, a 20 percent post-consumer, recycled-content offering, is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). Optimized for digital color printing with a smooth surface, the paper has a level of 98 brightness on a scale of one to 100, with 100 being the brightest. With its true-white color, the paper is designed for presentations, proposals, flyers, brochures and manuals and can be used for both digital and offset printing.
- Xerox's Business Multipurpose 4200 Paper, one of the most widely-used Xerox papers in North America, now carries SFI certification. Xerox has also introduced a FSC-certified version of the Business Multipurpose 4200 Paper, for those customers who want the quality of 4200 Paper with assurance of FSC chain-of-custody certification.
- These products join Xerox's High Yield Business Paper, an environmentally innovative offering that is the industry's first mechanical fiber paper for digital printing. High Yield Business Paper uses half as many trees in its production as traditional paper and is suited for everyday printing as well as transaction applications such as forms and statements.
Xerox papers carrying labels from the FSC, the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) and the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) help consumers to easily find products that meet strict worldwide standards for sustainable forestry.
According to Opticom International Research, Xerox is the number one brand in Europe based on the "Brand Equity Tracking Survey – Office Paper 2007" study. This industry standard benchmark survey for office paper brands has been conducted among more than 4,000 professional end-users across seven countries in Europe. Xerox is adding additional recycled and certified papers for its European customers, including:
- Planet Optimum: FSC-certified paper that contains more than 30 percent post-consumer recycled content and is chlorine-free.
- Premier PEFC or Premier FSC: PEFC-certified or FSC-certified versions of premium multipurpose paper with a high level of whiteness for production of high-end office documents such as reports and presentations.
- Colotech+ FSC: FSC-certified paper with an extra smooth uncoated surface and a high level of whiteness for professional digital color printing of creative documents with color graphics and pictures.
Sustainability Mark for Green Product Identification
Xerox is demonstrating its commitment to sustainable practices with a brand new mark, to reinforce the company's actions specifically related to paper offerings. The mark will start to appear on product marketing materials and packaging in 2008. This helps make it simpler for customers to select the right papers to meet both their sustainability goals and printing needs. The mark will be accompanied by a description of how Xerox supports the development of a sustainable paper cycle, specific paper benefits and a web link for more details.
Customer Sustainability Tools
Xerox's Paper and Supplies Sustainability Web portal provides easy-to-use resources to help customers assess their paper choices and the environmental impact throughout the paper's lifecycle. Tools include a comprehensive paper reference guide that educates customers about environmentally responsible paper choices, a sustainability brochure with tips for "greener" printing, Webcasts from industry experts discussing sustainability practices and links to the Xerox Green World Alliance recycling program and other sites about Xerox's environmental initiatives.
Xerox's Progress toward Sustainability
In 2003, Xerox implemented stringent environmental requirements for suppliers that cover all aspects of papermaking, from forest management to the production of finished goods. As part of its sustainability strategy, Xerox is committed to preserving biodiversity and the world's forests and has established the goal of creating a sustainable paper cycle. The Xerox paper policy ensures that its products are produced from an effective wood procurement process, with sustainable forestry practices and continual mill improvements that exceed mandatory regulatory compliance. In addition, Xerox established a $1 million grant over three years to The Nature Conservancy. The Nature Conservancy-Xerox partnership is focusing on forest management in Brazil, Canada, Indonesia and the U.S. It is identifying and promoting best practices that will enable environmental scientists, forest managers and paper suppliers to work cooperatively toward improved sustainable forest management practices.
For more information about Xerox's commitment to environmental stewardship and the company's sustainability strategy please visit http://www.xerox.com/environment.
About Xerox Corporation
Xerox Corporation is the world's leading document management technology and services enterprise. A $17 billion company, Xerox provides the industry's broadest portfolio of color and black-and-white document processing systems and related supplies, as well as document management consulting and outsourcing services. Over the past 40 years, Xerox has demonstrated leadership in sustainability and citizenship in its products and its facilities and by investing in innovation that delivers measurable benefits to the environment. It is a member of the California Climate Action Registry as well as the United States Climate Action Partnership (USCAP). It was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index in recognition of its economic, environmental and social performance, and it received the National Medal of Technology, the highest technology award in the United States, for its innovations.
For more information about Xerox products call 800-ASK-XEROX or visit http://www.xerox.com.
Note: For more information on Xerox, visit http://www.xerox.com or http://www.xerox.com/news. For open commentary and industry perspectives, visit http://www.xerox.com/blogs or http://www.xerox.com/podcasts.
Xerox®, Color Xpressions®, Xerox High Yield Business Paper™, the Xerox wordmark and the spherical connection symbol are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Copyright 2008 Business Wire All Rights Reserved.